Saturday, December 17, 2011

2012 Mock Draft, Rounds 7 & 8

As I stated previously, I am participating in a fantasy baseball slow mock draft being coordinated by Jeffrey from BleacherGM, which can be followed on Couch Managers. There are 14 teams and there will be a total of 16 rounds. The draft began on Tuesday, December 13th and was originally anticipated to last until sometime in February.

Not quite eight full rounds completed in four days. 110 selections have been made in nearly 103 hours, which is an average rate of 0.94 hours per pick or 25.64 picks per day. I am quite surprised to see the pace is unchanged after waiting for close to a century for a couple guys last night and this afternoon. I hope things speed up as the girlfriend and I plan to take a trip next week before Christmas.

Expected Date to Complete at Current Rate: Thursday, December 22, 2011
Latest Date to Complete at Maximum Rate: Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Round #7, Pick #94 - John Axford
I'm fairly happy with my offense thus far and there were several upcoming options to help enforce it, but I knew the market for quality pitching would pass me by if I didn't act now. Craig Kimbrel was on the top of my queue, but was three slots too slow. I drafted Axford as my second choice who should assist my saves category, though there is some risk with Francisco Rodriguez in the same bullpen.

Round #8, Pick #103 - Matt Moore
I originally intended my followup selection to be a second top quality closer, but changed my mind at the last moment and opted for another starter. Once again my first choice was taken just before it was my turn. C.J. Wilson on the 101st pick is an amazing steal. I took Moore, the phenom from Tampa Bay. This will be his true rookie season, so hopefully there is no sophomore "slump."


*FanGraphs fans projection

Rounds 1 & 2
Rounds 3 & 4
Rounds 5 & 6
Rounds 7 & 8
Rounds 9 & 10
Rounds 11 & 12
Rounds 13 - 16


Critiques are welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment